What is Double opt-in and how does it work in NV dashboard
The following article lets you know what is double opt-in and how does it work before you can actually send your subscribers’ campaigns.
What is double opt-in ?
Now, arises the dilemma of collecting email addresses. There are generally two ways to collect email addresses from the visitors : First through single opt-in process which means collecting addresses of the visitors and sending them campaigns. Secondly, through double opt-in process which includes an extra confirmation step to verify email addresses.
Now that you have got a brief introduction of the double opt-in process, let’s go further with its use and functionality.
How does double opt-in process works :
As discussed above both single opt-in and double opt-in process help in growing our audience base. But double opt-in process has an added incentive and that is of confirmation and verification of the user.
Now, let’s see how does double opt-in actually works :
It generally includes 2 steps :
- First is when a potential subscriber fills out and submits your online sign-up form.
- Secondly you send them a link to verify their email addresses. Once they receive this link, they will click on it and verify their email addresses.
How to turn on double-opt in Notifyvisitors dashboard :
1.You can enable double opt-in from the dashboard in the midst of creating a lead form. Check out this link to know how to create a lead form.
Let’s see where can you turn on the double opt -in option :
- Go to the INTEGRATION SECTION< CONFIGURE LIST < DOUBLE OPT-IN.
- While configuring list for your campaigns, you can choose to turn on the double opt-in option as given in the below image.
For example : You have created a home page with a sign-up form on it. So, the subscribers you got from the sign-up forms can be categorized in one list. It makes it easier for you while sending campaigns to a specific list thereafter.
- Double opt-in : Now choose to turn the double opt-in option to verify email addresses from the subscribers. Next click on the update button.
Now that you know what is double opt-in and how it works in NotifyVisitors Dashboard. You can easily send campaigns after getting a notified confirmation from your subscribers. So, that they don’t mark your campaigns as spam and receive them voluntarily.