Use analytical reports to generate hypothesis
A well-formulated hypothesis should be a blend of all the effective elements. It cannot be formulated merely on the framework of pinpointing a problem, creating a solution and forecasting its results. A hypothesis report is incomplete without reporting and analytical tools.
Both work as powerful tools while generating ideas for experimentation. Data Analytics allow you to focus your experimentation ideas on vital opportunities. Analytics and not just customer insights help you to build a clear picture of your user’s expectations. Also, you can use the reporting and analytics to fulfil your customer’s expectations.
What does Data Analytics help you redefine :
1. Know your customers
The first step to look into the data analytics is to know your customers as well as customer insights. Know about your customer’s experience on your site and connect it to your company’s goals such as measuring conversion rates. Know who your customers are, what are their expectations. Check whether your products and strategies are matching people’s expectations.
Create a goal tree to improvise the key metrics of your company with the help of an experimentation program.
Once you know the customer insights on your site. Connect them with your key performance indicators for your experimentation program. Now utilize the data analytics to know whether the visitors’ behaviour is driving the key metrics.
Use the following customer insights to develop new strategies to conduct experimentation program :
- Know how did your customers find you ?
- Know the source of the customers.
- Where do they land first on your site ?
- Which are the most used paths and features ?
2. Know your influential visitors
Your unique visitors will define the duration of your experiments. You can fasten up the process of optimization if you run an experiment during the increased flow of traffic on your website.
Get the following insights :
- No. of unique visitors rushing to your site at peak intervals such as in a day, in a week or in a month.
- Know the high and low periods in your website traffic?
- Watch out for the trends seasonally or at time intervals.
Try to run experiments on the pages where visitors are engaging with your key goals. For example - Your main goal is to get maximum no. of visitors who turn into customers i.e. your conversion rates. In other words, focus on the pages which align with your goal such as product details page which will trigger a user’s purchasing decision.
That is how you can easily know the difference in the upsurge of conversion rates from the new and returning customers.
3. Get a view of acquisitions
An acquisition report provides you with valuable insights into the source of your visitors and which channels you are required to optimize.
Utilize the report to recognize :
- Know the best traffic sources.
- Identify how the performance is contrasting between different channels.
Let’s have a look at an example :
Let’s say you observed that the direct traffic is bouncing from the page. You created a hypothesis: Traffic rates might be bouncing due to the fact that visitors are not able to find great content. Hence, you created a hypothesis on the basis that visitors are browsing through your website for great content. So, you can create catchy content and new products on your webpage to get maximum no. of acquisitions.
4. Identify the trends on device type
Watch out your strongest audience through customer segmentation on the basis of device type :
- Watch out for the difference between the mobile device or the operating system ?
- Analyze if any collapse between the device type is aligning you or separating you from the industry standards.
Grab this information to know whether you are optimizing rightly according to the device type or browser. In order to know if you are on the right track or not. Observe if the desktop to mobile conversion rates are lower or apt according to the industry standards. In case they are lower, then you must grab this oppurtunity to optimize the conversion rates.
5. Know the geographical trends
Identify visitor behavioral trends by segmenting visitors on the basis of their location. Now, take the right steps to optimize web pages.
Customers' insights on the basis of their geographical trends :
- Know the location of your visitors.
- See how does the performance is differing by a city or a country.
- Know on which regions you must divert your efforts on for optimization ?
Forex - Let’s say, visitors in India is browsing more through your website as compared to the visitors in U.K. and U.S. Therefore, the bounce rates are much lower in these areas. You must know the reasons to optimize your websites and fetch more visitors from those areas as well. You can know the common trends in their behaviour ( why visitors are leaving your site or why they are coming to your site ) through the use of direct data.