How to set up scheduled reports for campaigns in NotifyVisitors
Scheduled reports simplify the process of tracking the performance of your campaigns as they can now be delivered right into your inbox! Learn via this article what are scheduled reports and how to set up scheduled reports in the NotifyVisitors panel.
Digital marketing is propelled by creating resourceful campaigns which could fetch you higher conversion rates. What truly drives your leads is the right and relevant messages. This is an ongoing cycle that finally defines your business growth. It is just the gist of how the business runs around delighting your customers.
A marketer’s task doesn’t end here. We usually tend to look from a user’s perspective. But a marketer has to invest a lot of time in generating reports pertaining to all the campaigns. And it's not a trivial task. It takes a lot of time in collecting data for the campaigns and organizing stats for them.
What if you could utilize all this time in some other productive work? Therefore, in order to make campaign reporting a simple and congenial task. You can build scheduled reports. What are they? Scheduled reports are customizable and automated reports which can be delivered right into your inbox.
HOW DO SCHEDULED REPORTS WORK :
NotifyVisitors Panel allows you to evaluate the performance of your campaigns and channels through analytics. Apart from this, you can receive all the stats and details of the campaign in your Inbox as a scheduled report.
You can schedule periodic reports for :
a) Schedule report for a specific campaign (individually).( Push, web push, email, WhatsApp campaigns, ab test & personalization)
b) Schedule report for all the campaigns sent through a channel.
c) Schedule report for all campaigns across all channels.
What you can customize :
- Add Subscribers to schedule a report:
You can choose to add multiple users as your subscribers while scheduling a report. So as per your settings, all the added users will receive the report.
- Choose the frequency of a report:
You can choose to select and edit the frequency of a report. All you have to do is to schedule a report for delivery on a daily, monthly, or weekly basis as per your requirements.
Note: Specify a time slot to schedule a report..so that users receive it at a specific time. (State the A.M. and P.M. format for the chosen time)
- Specify time frame to receive the data stats :
Choose to view the statistical data of your campaigns by stating the time frame. You only have to select the time frame between the last 1 day to the last 30 days, while scheduling a report.
Let’s understand it better with an example - If you chose to view the campaign stats of the last 5 days. Then it will include data ranging from day 1 to day 5.
Note: You can view the performance of the campaigns on the basis of various performance indicators for a specific day.
How to access the scheduled reports:
1. Go to your NotifyVisitors account > Settings > Scheduled report.
- You can view a list of all the campaign and channel reports which are scheduled by other account admins.
- You can schedule reports for the campaigns, which you have sent through a specific channel and all the channels combined. (SMS, Web Push, Email).
Let’s see what each of the details of the reports signify :
- Report: The following section signifies all the campaign performance reports which you have scheduled for your account. Also, get a summary of the settings of each report. i.e. Frequency, when it is up for schedule, and what date to include.
- Frequency: Schedule a report for delivery on a daily, monthly, or weekly basis as per your requirements.
- When: Specify the time to schedule a report for delivery.
- Date to include: Specify the time span for the analytics of a specific campaign.
- Actions: You can choose to modify, delete, subscribe or unsubscribe to a report.
- Created at: Signify the date when you created a “ New Schedule Report”.
- Subscribers: You can view the count of subscribers under this category.
How to schedule a report for a campaign sent through a channel and all the channels combined in the NV panel :
Let’s learn it step by step :
1. Select a report type :
Select a report type in order to schedule it. Choose from already existing channel reports which you can customize as per your requirements.
Note: You can select the following reports :
- Get an analysis of all the push campaigns by which your users are engaged, under a specific time frame.
- Analyze all the in-app campaigns by which your users are engaged under a specific time frame.
- Analyze all the SMS campaigns through which your users are engaged within a specific time frame.
- Evaluate all the WhatsApp campaigns through which your users are engaged within a specific time frame.
- Scrutinize all the web push campaigns by which your users are engaged within a defined time period.
- Analyze and compare all the campaigns across all channels through which your users are engaged within a specific time frame.
- Check out the analytics of AB testing and personalized campaigns by selecting this option from the REPORT category. It's a new feature introduced by the NotifyVisitors.
For example - If you want to analyze the web push campaigns for a specific period of time, you can select the report type from here as given in the image below.
Once you define all the required fields in order to schedule a report, You will receive the report in your mail in ms excel format.
2. Schedule Type: Select the schedule type, i.e. choose if you want to receive a recurring or one-time report.
a.if you are choosing a ONE-TIME option, you have to specify the time frame for which you want to receive the report.
b.If you are choosing the Recurring option, you have to choose the frequency, time, and time-frame for which you want to receive the report.
3. State the frequency of delivery :
Schedule a report for delivery by selecting the frequency: monthly, weekly or daily basis.
4. Specify the time :
You can choose to select the time as to when you want your report to be delivered. You can state a specific time by highlighting the AM/PM for your defined time.
5. Specify a time frame (date to include):
Avoid the chaos of too many insights. Specify the time frame for which you want to receive campaign statistics. You only need to specify the time frame between the last 1 day to the last 30 days in the section: Date to include.
6. Send To :
Specify the email address on which you want to receive the reports.
Once you fill up all the fields, click on the schedule button. Refer to the below image to view the web push campaigns report.
How to analyze scheduled report stats :
Report stats help you track the performance indicators of a campaign. That is delivery, failures, conversions, and clicks on a campaign.
A schedule report helps you analyze the performance of a campaign through the performance indicators such as conversions, deliveries, and so on.
Note: You can track the performance of the campaign within your specified time frame irrespective of the time when you have sent a specific campaign.
- Analyze report stats for a specific campaign: A scheduled report enables you to evaluate data for all the users who are engaged till now in case your campaign is still running. If the campaign has ended, you will get to know the statistics of all the users who have engaged up to 45 days till its end date.
- Analyze report stats containing multiple campaigns: Analyze the data for all the engaged users within a specific time frame even if the campaigns were sent before your specified time frame.
What is the relevance of date in report stats :
As stated above, you must state the frequency for the delivery of the scheduled report. Also, you can get the statistical data for a specific campaign for a specific time frame.
We have already discussed it above: Both the terms: Frequency and time frame.
Therefore the combination of both the frequency of report delivery and the time frame you specified under the section DATE TO INCLUDE enable you to determine the dates for which the campaign performance stats are included in a report.
Let’s understand it with a use case :
Suppose you have subscribed to a report for the category: All Whatsapp Campaigns Summary on Dec 1, at 6 pm. Your settings will appear like this :
- Frequency: Daily
- When: 3 pm
- Date to include: 7 days
This signifies :
- The first report (sent at 6 pm, December 1) will highlight a day-wise summary of the performance of all the Whatsapp campaigns, your users interacted with over the last 7 Days, November 24 - 30 in which:
- Day 1 will display campaign stats for November 24
- Day 2 will show campaign stats for November 25 and so on.
- The second report (sent at 6 pm, December 2) will display a day-wise summary of the Whatsapp campaigns your users interacted with between November 25 - December 1 (last 7 days) and so on.
- You will get data of 7 days prior to the actual date of report delivery. Each and every report will signify data for the same time period. i.e. prior to 7 days of the actual date of report delivery.
How to modify a scheduled report :
All account admins can choose to modify or delete a report by selecting Change Settings or Delete, respectively from a report's actions menu.
You can choose to delete or modify a report simply by selecting: Change settings or Delete, from a report’s actions menu.
How to change settings in order to modify a scheduled report :
- In order to modify a report, you simply have to choose CHANGE SETTINGS from the action’s menu. This is how you can change the aspects of the Scheduled Report.
How to delete the scheduled reports :
You can delete the scheduled reports by selecting the delete from the action menu. Your scheduled report will be deleted permanently.
WHAT ARE THE CUSTOM REPORTS :
Apart from the scheduled reports which thoroughly focus on analyzing the performance of a specific or all campaigns combined. Custom reports give you a detailed analysis of your journeys, funnels, cohorts, campaigns, and all the channels.
You can choose to use custom reports according to your requirements.